Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My favorite Korean National Treasure

    The Korean government has an extensive list of monuments, documents and cultural artifacts that are protected by the Cultural Heritage Protective Act.  There is also a list of "Important Intangible Cultural Properties of Korea" that has been compiled in an effort to preserve cultural traditions including things like song and dance, or artisan crafts and trades.  There are some really amazing and beautiful things in Korea, but I think my favorite National Treasure has to be.....


The Jindo!!
This adorable Jindo was getting a brushing from his owner when I went over to give him a pet.  The guy put my hat on him to take the photo!

These dogs originally come from the Korean island of They are listed as one of Korea's National Treasures!  How cute.  I really want to adopt one from the animal shelter here, but I don't think it would be very happy in my apartment with no yard.  Sigh....









3 comments:

  1. grey one is really jindo ? because i searched web but couldn't find grey one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the photo of the gray jingo? I have a dog that is part jindo and gray and looks like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your comment is old but I want a dog just like in that pic! What is your jindo mixed with? Also is it an adult and around that size?

    ReplyDelete